Tuesday, May 27, 2014

God’s Chosen Child… Rest in Peace!!


As I woke up this morning and logged in, the first thing I did out of habit was check Ajit's FB page. I've been doing it for sixty days and more, to check whether Ton or Denzy (Srinanda) had posted any requirements for blood or finance. This morning there were none. There were only messages saying, “RIP”. 

There are times when you do not need to meet people personally to know them. You only get to know of them, and yet, they become a part of your life. I knew about Ajit through Ton and Denzy. I knew him as Sarita bai's son, the lady who worked at their home. I did not know Ajit or his mom Sarita personally, and yet, over the last two months I knew them better than so many others who I know personally. Both such brave souls! Ajit, merely twelve years old, ailing from a rare blood disorder, Aplastic Anemia, and battling the daily agony of injections and various medical tests. Being prodded and probed by doctors 24x7. His mum Sarita, silently yet bravely, watching over her son, watching him bear the pain. 

Tons of people, friends and strangers, came forward to share this child’s agony and pain. They worked to ease his pain. Life doesn’t give everyone such a chance, a chance to make a difference to somebody’s life. I believe with all my heart that I didn’t choose to work towards Ajit’s cause, it chose me! For that I consider myself blessed. I believe that not only for me, but for each and every one who came forward, in time, to help Ajit. We didn’t do anything for him, he did it all for us! 

We did all we could, but Ajit was destined to meet his Maker. Ajit is gone and with him is gone a piece of my heart. A piece that now belongs to him... Forever! 

~ Bawi ~

P.S. 
Now that Ajit is gone, Ajit’s FB page (Friends of AJIT - https://www.facebook.com/friendsofAJIT?fref=nf ) will close down in a few weeks. I want this brave child to forever live on in our heart, hence felt the need to pen this article.

6 comments:

suja mohan said...

yes Kai...sometimes we are so helpless.
one of the ladies who worked for us a sometime back quit job as she had to stay at home to look after her younger son whose kidney has stopped functioning. one is partially damaged. he has to be taken for dialysis once in 3 days.

Kenzy's Kitchen Korner said...

Suja, it's truly sad when helpless children have to bear the pain n suffer the agony.

kashrus said...

The ones he has left behind have the toughest battle ahead... To live without him around...

Kenzy's Kitchen Korner said...

That is so true Kashmira. It's going to be tough, especially for his mum who didn't leave his side for 70 days and more while he battled the ailments in the hospital.

Unknown said...

Tough days ahead for the family, yes indeed. We also know Sarita's particular home situation..... you know "MIL", people arguing why no additional treatment was given. That's why I mentioned on the FB page that "we stay in the background". Sarita needs her share of support, Ashish (elder brother) need his security for education as well. Once she is back on her feet, and able to come and talk to us in private..... then we know what we can do.

Kenzy's Kitchen Korner said...

@Ton, that's always the case. No matter how much is done there will always be people pointing fingers to say it wasn't enough and that things should have been done differently. What really matters is that Sarita should believe and know she did all she could. 70 days and more in the hospital by her sons side couldn't have been easy for the lady. You're right when you say, once she is back on her feet, rest of the things can be talked over and sorted out. For now, she needs her space to grieve and mourn the loss of her youngest.